Monday, April 16, 2012

SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE II (1987)

The little sister from the original SPM is now a teenager and even though she's haunted by nightmares of the attack, she lives a pretty normal high school life.  She also plays in an all-girl rock band. One weekend the girls have a slumber party and, of course, a couple of boys come over. You got the nerd, the stoner, the beau hunk and the leather pants wearing, drill guitar noodling, dancing, singing, air piano playing, greaser, driller killer psychopath! Whoa! Who invited him?!!!

The majority of the film is just the girls hanging out giggling and partying (the killer doesn't show up to stay until the 51 minute mark), but you won't be bored because SPM2 is so goddamn bizarre that you're probably just going to sit there in shock as your brain fizzles and starts dripping out your ear. In other words: It's awesome!

I don't know if I could watch it over and over again, but for an occasional viewing you can't go wrong with SPM2. It's 80's as fuck, the killer is one of the strangest ever, his weapon is a crazy-looking electric guitar with a drill sticking out the end, the actors look like they're having a blast, synchronized dancing, the one girl is gorgeous, the killer sings and dancing like a fucking idiot, girl-on-girl pillow fight and best of all: it's fun from beginning to end with no slow parts at all.

If you're looking for a serious horror film then go watch INSIDE, because SPM2 is weird as shit and proud of it...or maybe not. I don't know. Maybe they were trying to make a serious movie. If so, that makes it even better cause they failed miserably!

Part 1 - The Slumber Party Massacre (1982)
Part 3 - Slumber Party Massacre III (1990)

I'm no film historian, but I believe this is the first occurrence of a killer in a Slasher film ever playing the air piano.

I'm no film historian, but I believe this is the first occurrence of a killer in a Slasher film ever doing a butt spin.

I'm no film historian, but I believe this is the first occurrence of a killer in a Slasher film ever doing The Worm.

I'm no film historian, but I believe this is the first occurrence of a killer in a Slasher film ever doing the splits.

I'm no film historian, but I believe this is the first occurrence of a killer in a Slasher film ever sliding down a banister while flapping his arms.

I have never been that excited about anything...ever!

Heidi Kozak was drinking a Slice in FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII also!